Friday, September 2, 2011

Vietnam - Saigon - Day 6 - Arcades, Food, & Tutoring

Wednesday, July 20th, 2011

I wake up pretty late this morning so I combined my breakfast with lunch. My cousin has breakfast and lunch ready for me every morning. Pretty solid. After the power combo luncheon, I checked the kids homework and ask their Mom if they can go play. She granted.

Tuong, Truc, Mi, Linh, and I take a taxi over to Saigon Superbowl again. We meet up with Sonny, Hang (Hieu's kid - Hieu is another of Momma's brother), and Trong (Nhi Sam's only kid). We play the same games plus a couple new ones. Sonny gets addicted to the basketball game.





After playing games, we went over to CT Plaza for dinner around 5:00PM. We ate at Pho 24. Everyone got pho and drinks. The total came out to about $22. This is expensive for Vietnam standards but considering this plaza is within walking distance from the airport, it made sense. I also ordered a bowl of bun bo hue at this place next door called Bun Bo Hue 3A3. After dinner, we got dessert at New Zealand Ice Cream for like $6. Fairly reasonable for imported ice cream near an airport. Afterwards, one taxi went home to Nhi Sam's and one to Anh Hung's. I went home to Anh Hung's.

Pho gau.

Bun bo hue.





We get home at 6:20PM and I decide to head over to my aunt's house. Linh takes me to Nhi Sam's on her moped.

When I get there, I take Monkey, Hang, and Trong out for coffee at this place nearby. It takes us 3 minutes to walk there. The place is huge yet we're the only customers. We ordered 3 cafe sua da's (ice coffee with condensed milk) and 3 Sting sua's (dark cherry soda with condensed milk). The drinks were solid and went for about a buck each. We tipped about $2 but that wasn't enough to save the place, as the next day, the place closed shop.

Back at my aunt's house afterwards, I went upstairs and hung out with the college girls: teaching them how to say some English words, asking questions to find out more about them, and exchanging cultural and religious differences.

I bottomed out after the four hours of social interaction and crash on the floor in Trong's room with Monkey, Trong, and Hang at around 11:30PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment