Friday, September 2, 2011

Vietnam - Saigon - Day 3 - Grocery Shopping

Sunday, July 17th, 2011

I wake up to the smell of cigarettes around 8:30AM. Tempo is smoking. I immediately grab my stuff and bounce. When I get home to my cousin's, I shower, wash up and sleep some more.

Later that day, I go shopping with Anh Hung, his three kids, and Linh (one of Anh Bao and Chi Huong's 3 kids - Huong is one of Anh Hung's sister). We loaded up on a full cart at the Big C in Saigon. Big C is a popular grocery chain store in Vietnam. There's at least one in the four major cities (Saigon, Hue, Vinh, and Hanoi). The meat & produce are more properly packaged so the price are a bit higher than the street farmer's and meat market. But these stores are more diarrhea-proof ha.



























After we got home, I went to go hoop with Tuong at the nearby school. It was really boring because the guy is like 10 and he's hella weak ha. I whooped him in Horse, 5 letters to none. I don't take no prisoners.

After basketball, I ate dinner at home and Linh took me out on her moped to Nhi Sam's (pronounced "Some") house. Linh visits Anh Hung's house every other day and I use her whenever I can to save the $6 taxi transport. I give her the $6 instead. When we got there, Sonny and Mommy weren't there. Hung (Mommy's little brother - not to be confused with Anh Hung) takes me out on his moped, backtracking (I made the mistake of not calling ahead of time) all the way out to Maximark (some mall in Saigon) to meet up. We walked around for a bit, ate some banh mi, and then went home. By that time it was nearing 9:30PM and it was more convenient for me to just taxi home separately. The Maximark is closer to Anh Hung's house. Sonny, Mommy, Hoa, Sam, and Hung all biked home.

I too went home and that was it for Sunday.















No comments:

Post a Comment